Thursday, October 26, 2017

“Court House Rock"


Click Here for Purchase Information

This painting was done near my hosting family's house.  I went there around 6:30 AM to catch the morning light. However after I massed in the main colors, the light has changed so much. I went back the second day at the same time, and put on finish touches.  I think it is a good way to do 2-session plein air if you want to capture the dramatic light in the early morning.

I have returned to Austin now.  I have a few workshop reminders I want to get your attention. From Nov 2 to 5, well known artist, Nancy Tankersley will teaching a "Painting figure from photo" workshop at Austin. From Nov 9 to 11,  I will teach a still life painting workshop at Gainesville, GA. Both those workshops still have a few openings. If you are interested in these workshops, please click the above links to sign up. Thank you.